Sunday, January 30, 2011

Liquids!

Sunday: 6 miles. 4pm, sunny, sidewalks relatively clear.

My legs are STILL cold from this run, 4 hours later. It was REALLY sunny today, which did make for a warmer day, but I of course had to wait until 4pm to set out on my run. 4pm is the time of day the sun starts to shift, and although it superficially looks like it's out and shining proudly, the temperature starts to drop, preparing for night. Of course I decide "hey, sounds PERFECT for my long run!"

One thing I'm pretty uptight about on a daily basis is my water intake. I MUST have at least 10 glasses of water. I just feel off if I haven't had enough water. Well before my run the only liquid I took in were 2 cups of coffee. Coffee: a natural diuretic. What's better than not drinking any water? Drinking 2 cups of something that will dehydrate you further! Although it didn't completely hinder my efforts at this run, it did make for a jaunty sprint to the faucet once I got back inside (I assume my actions once the water was in my hand must have been described as "comical gulping")

At about mile 5 I ran through what had to be no less than 3 gallons of dog pee sprinkled throughout fresh, white once-pure snow. And these dogs must have been eating the liquid from glow-in-the-dark-sticks, because this yellow was some type of demon Mountain Dew and yellow Gatoraide hell spawn color. It lasted about 15 feet. It was the most exciting 3 seconds of the 54 minute run.

No comments:

Post a Comment